Energy Savings and Video Guide
Energy Savings with Energy Efficient Windows
Window World's new replacement windows provide substantial energy efficiency and savings for your home. We have saved money and energy for homeowners throughout the nation.
ENERGYSTAR® Qualified SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Package
What Makes the SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Package So Effective?
Since 80% of a window is made of glass, a substantial amount of heating and cooling savings come from improved glass performance.
- Our combination of UV-filtering Low-E Glass (LG), insulating argon gas, and the Intercept™ Warm Edge Spacer System creates significant energy efficiency.
- Together they can cut the damaging effects of the sun, which can lead to faded carpets, curtains, and furniture.
- In winter, a warmer glass temperature is maintained, increasing the R-value by an additional 104%.
- In summer, a 48% reduction in solar heat gain helps cut air conditioning costs.
- The result: your monthly utility bills will reflect savings year round - and that should help make you even more comfortable.
How does Low-E Glass (LG) work?
A) Low-E glass filters long-wave radiation from the sun. This reduces solar heat gain from the sun in the summer...keeping your home cooler:
B) Low-E glass takes on a new duty in winter months. It lets warm solar rays into your home...while blocking the heat in your home from getting out:
How does the Intercept™ Spacer System work?
- Its one-piece metal alloy, U-channel design creates an effective thermal barrier to help reduce conducted heat loss.
- Its sealed one-piece design makes it stronger and better at retaining insulating gas than many conventional designs.
How do Intercept™ Spacers add to room comfort?
- They keep the edges of the window glass warmer, so your home feels more comfortable in winter.
- The temperature difference between the edge of an insulating glass unit with an ordinary spacer, and one with an Intercept™ spacer system can be dramatic.
How do Intercept™ Spacers Help Windows to Last Longer?
- LG units expand and contract with temperature changes.
- In conventional insulating glass units, the sealant holding the unit together takes the stress of this flexing and can cause seal failure and insulating gas loss.
- In an Intercept™ LG. unit, the spacer flexes instead of the sealant, so it resists spacer movement and premature sealant failure.
Thermagraphy dramatizes the difference.
The window on the left is a clear insulated glass unit. The heat transmittance, indicated by the green, yellow and orange colors from the heat scale, is far more apparent than that of the window containing the Solarban® 60 Low-E insulated glass unit.
Energy Efficiency Adds Up
- By adding Low-E glass to a standard insulating glass unit, you can improve the energy performance of your window year round by 24%.
- Also, by adding argon gas filling to the window, which is a better insulator than normal air, you can increase the efficiency by another 6%.
- And lastly, by adding the Intercept™ Warm Edge Spacer System, you can add yet another 5%!
- That's why your choice of ComfortWorld Windows with the SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Package is the most energy efficient window product on the market today!