Preparing for Hurricane Season
Posted on June 14, 2016
We are about to enter the summer season, which is the prime time for swimming, barbeques and, more hazardously, hurricanes. The hurricane season in the Atlantic Ocean is already underway, and this particular season looks to be quite active. Experts are predicting 14 named storms, with eight of those being hurricanes and three category three or higher hurricanes.
Window World TX will do everything we can to make sure that you and your home on the coast stay safe this summer. We offer products that are designed to withstand hurricanes and other extreme conditions, such as our hurricane impact windows. Our products are tested and approved for use in coastal regions for extreme weather because our customers deserve top-of-the-line quality.
There are things other than strong windows that will be needed to ensure that you are safe during hurricane season. Some other helpful tips include:
- Don’t leave items outside. They could be picked up by the wind
- Have enough food and water for about three days. Filling a bathtub of water could be a good idea.
- Learn the locations of shelters nearby.
- Other helpful items include: flashlights, a portable radio, extra batteries, first aid supplies, vitamins, tools such as axes and screwdrivers, duct tape, a fire extinguisher, trash bags and whatever else seems useful.
- Evacuate if you are told to evacuate.
- Store important items in a waterproof way.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water.
- Gather as much information as possible.
Hurricane season runs through November. Contact Window World TX if you want to make your home as safe as possible for hurricanes.